Expect the unexpected
Occasionally we may be required to cancel the uplift at short notice for operational, technical or safety reasons or close some or all of the trails (e.g. snow/ice/fallen trees, high winds, heavy rain or storm conditions). Should this situation arise we aim to give as much notice as possible.
Our weather warning policy
Bike Park Kernow operates an early warning system in the event of adverse weather conditions, provided they are accurately forecast by the Met. Office. Our website and social media will reflect any warnings that have been issued.
If we have promulgated a warning that the Park will have to close, please do not come to Bike Park Kernow.
BPK will take no financial responsibility for any incidental costs incurred by you as a result of such cancellations.
In the event that you wish to cancel your booking
Day Pass or Uplift cancellation and amendment policy:
Please note that the notice period commences at midnight of the day you notified BPK.
- Up to 8 days before the date for which you originally booked:
You may transfer your booking to another day (subject to availability) free of charge. Please check the availability calendar here and inform us of the new date you require. The date must show as green (available) for us to transfer your booking to it.
If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £5 per person cancellation fee.
- Between 1 week and 48 hours before the booking:
You may transfer your booking to another day, subject to availability. This transfer is subject to a £5 per person admin fee. Please check the availability calendar here and inform us of the new date you require. The date must show as green (available) for us to transfer you to it.
If you wish to cancel your booking which included the uplift service, you will be subject to a £10 per person cancellation fee.
- Within 48 hours of the booking:
No refund will be given, and the date cannot be moved. The only option at this late stage is to amend the rider name – If this is required, you must inform us prior to the visit.
Rider name changes
Please inform us which rider is being replaced, and the full name of their replacement. Please ensure that the new rider reads and understands these terms and conditions and then completes the Acceptance of Risk before they arrive at BPK. This can be done online here.
Online booking terms and conditions
The purchase contract
Once payment has been received Bike Park Kernow will confirm and accept your order by sending an email to the email address you provided during the online order process. The email includes your name, the order number and the total price of the services ordered as well as how much you have paid to date. Please check this e-mail when you receive it to check your order. Please notify us within 24 hours if anything on your order is incorrect or not what you intended.
Bike Park Kernow’s acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of any contract between us.
The contract will relate only to those services we have confirmed in the aforementioned confirmation e-mail. We will not be obliged to supply any other services.
Bike Park Kernow is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the services appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the services that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by e-mail. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the services, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the booking at the amended price, or to cancel the booking altogether.
Should You want to cancel your booking
Refunds will be processed using the same method of payment used for the original purchase. Credit and debit card refunds must be made to the card used for the original transaction.
The refund will be paid within 14 days of you notifying us in writing.
Should we cancel your order
If the services you have ordered are not available, we will refund you in full within 14 days of notifying you that the service is not available.
We reserve the right to cancel your order for any reason, in this situation we will refund you in full within 14 days.
Changes to this agreement
Bike Park Kernow reserves the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these terms and conditions at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unforeseen, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
General terms and conditions
- All bookings made on-line will be charged to your account at the time you make your booking. You will receive a confirmation email, stating your booking reference number and other important information for your visit.
- From time to time some trails may have to be closed for routine maintenance work – we will try and give you the most up to date information of any closures before the day of your visit however this cannot always be guaranteed.
- Bike Park Kernow has a strict helmet policy. If you do not wear one whilst riding, you will be asked to forfeit your ride pass, and leave the site with no refund.
- Bike Park Kernow will take no responsibility for any items left unattended on the uplift vehicle and strongly advise against bringing valuables with you.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your bike is securely loaded on the uplift trailer or tractor. If you experience any difficulties please ask the driver for help.
- Bike Park Kernow determines an adult as over 18 years old.
- Rest assured that your personal data is dealt with to the highest standard.
- Bike Park Kernow is a pay to ride venue and some revenues from entry fees are used to fund trail maintenance and building new trails. Please respect this. It is a condition of your riding on the site that you display your security tag on your handlebar or on your wrist.
- Anyone found riding or pushing a bike on site without a valid pass may opt for a £50 fine or a lifetime ban from the park.
- Bike Park Kernow reserves the right to change its Terms and Conditions at any time.
Children aged under 16 years must always be accompanied by an adult rider (over 18), across the park. If anyone under 16 is found riding without an adult, you will be instructed to forfeit your ride pass, with no refund.
If a booking is made for a person under the age of 16 you must notify Bike Park Kernow when you book, notifying us of who will be accompanying them.
Acceptance of Risk
YOU ARE ABOUT TO TAKE PART IN A HIGH-RISK ACTIVITY. YOU WILL MINIMISE THIS RISK BY FOLLOWING THE SAFETY RULES AND ADVICE IN THE MOUNTAIN BIKERS RESPONSIBILITY CODE AND THE MOUNTAIN BIKE AND EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST. IF YOU DON’T FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES AND ADVICE YOU INCREASE THE LIKLEHOOD OF A SERIOUS ACCIDENT, WHICH COULD BE FATAL.
- I understand that Mountain Biking is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. I accept that there is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- I understand that I must wear a helmet at all times and that a helmet, eye protection, body armour and gloves are highly recommended.
- I agree that I will follow the Riders Safety Guide at all times.
- I agree to check my bike and equipment as per the Bike Park Kernow Mountain Bike and Equipment Checklist at the start of the day, before each run and after any crash.
- In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that the company, its sponsors, agents, employees and any associated parties will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the Activities (except in the case where Death or Personal Injury is proven to have been caused by negligence on the part of the Company).
- I certify that to the best of my knowledge I do not have a medical condition which might have the effect of making it more likely that I be involved in an incident which could result in injury to myself or to others.
It is important that everyone who uses Bike Park Kernow takes note of the following Health and Safety advice:
- Mountain Biking, like any extreme sport, is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. There is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- Trails are graded according to severity, ensure that you are competent to ride each trail. If in doubt start on the easier trails and work your way up.
- Always perform an exploratory ride of any trails you intend to use attempting to ride fast; the characteristics of trails change with weather conditions and from continual trail amendments and improvements, do not assume they will always be exactly the same each time you visit.
- Follow the Riders Safety Guide
- Children aged under 16 years need to be supervised by a parent or guardian (over 18 years of age) at ALL times
- You must ALWAYS wear a helmet. We also strongly advise you wear a helmet, eye protection, gloves and body armour. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HELMET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE IN THE PARK OR USE THE UPLIFT SERVICE.
- Read and adhere to all advice signs while using the trails.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment is fit for purpose.
- Riders are welcome to wear helmet cameras, body cameras or cycle mounted cameras for the purpose of filming their rides FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT OR ENTERTAINMENT ONLY AND NOT FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSES WHATSOEVER.
- ANY PHOTOGRAPHY except in accordance with the described in the preceding paragraph paragraph is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN without express written permission given by BPK in advance of the day, setting out the terms under which such permission is granted and for what purpose.
- Due to the nature of BPK, being a woodland Bike Park, no spectators are permitted on or near the trails.
- Vehicles are parked entirely at the owner’s/driver’s risk thus no liability for any damage or loss howsoever caused will be accepted by BPK, their staff, agents, volunteers, the landowner nor the heirs or successors in the title of the foregoing.